Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sight Word Spelling Practice

* The link on the palm tree should be fixed now, please let me know if it isn't working again. Thanks! *

Back from our first family vacation...We went camping with my family...It was so much fun, but so cold.

Six more days of school!!! Not that I'm counting or anything.  

Anyways, while driving to the campsite (4 hour drive) the baby slept and my husband drove so I got out my computer and made a fun little sight word game.  I'm starting a new sight word spelling program next year and my students will practice weekly spelling words and sight words each week during Word Work in Daily 5.  This game is just a simple and fun practice when they finish the daily "must do" assignment. If you are interested in assessing your students on the spelling of sight words and helping each student keep track of their progress check out Beth Newingham's site on scholastic by clicking here. She is AMAZING!

If you would like to download my sight word game click on the tree below. 
I know it showed up as three pages, it's only two pages, one is blank. Cut out the game and glue it in a file folder or on a piece of construction paper and laminate for durability. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan!
    The file will not open for me because I "don't have permission to view the document." :(
    Thanks!
    ~ Mrs. Mc
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for letting me know the link wasn't working. I think I fixed it.
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...